A Fuck-You Letter to my Depression

A Fuck-You Letter to my Depression Dear Asshole, Yes, you, you sadistic piece of crap. I just wanted to fire off a missive to tell you how much I hate you.
You’re an energy leech. A soul-killer. A liar. And I’m tired of you, you parasitic fuckwad. I hate you SO. MUCH.
My anxiety sort of has a purpose. Even my ADD gives me a certain wacky charm. But you.
You just take.
You revel in my agony. You whisper awful things to me. You’re why I think I’m not good enough for ANYTHING. You’re why I don’t stand up for myself.
You’re why I tumble into self-loathing. You’re the worst. Inheritance. Ever.
No matter how hard I try, I can’t exorcise you. But believe you me, you miserable fuck, I’m not going to stop trying. I want to live my life. To HAVE a life.
You have taken that will from me for far too long. You thought you had me. I didn’t put up much of a fight.
For 43 years, I’ve let you feed off of my hopes and dreams and joy because I thought I had to.
I might not be able to get rid of you, but I can bind and gag you. You don’t speak for me. Your voice drips with malice.
But not for much longer.
With hate,
Jackie
 

Comments

Popular Posts